Benoit Viellefon is coming to play a one off event in St Leonards on sea Hastings
The Hot Club will play a mix of 1920-30-40's music and will feature two world class soloists: French Jazz violinist Rares Morarescu [Angello Debarre, Stochelo Rosenberg, Tchavollo Schmitt & Lolo Meier], and legendary British trumpeter Magic Mike Henry [Passadena Roof Orchestra, Chris Barber, Humprey Littleton, Acker Bilk & Bryan Ferry].
The concert will take place at the Crown House, designed by the renowned Architect James Burton [Regent park, Regent Street, Bloomsbury, Marble Arch]. It was the first building erected in St-leonards-on-Sea, and where a young Queen Victoria stayed over the Winter 1834-35. It has been recently refurbished, and the decor is like a mid to late 19th century time travel to Paris & Brighton with a mix of Regency elegance, French art de vivre with strong bohemian flavours, chinoiseries and Montmartre Orientalism.
ABOUT THE BENOIT HOT CLUB:
Benoit Viellefon has long been a firm favourite at the most elegant places around the country. The line up and orchestrations are inspired by the hot swinging music that emerged from the infamous Parisian Cafes and nightclubs of the 1930s & ‘40s.
The Hot Club’s performances celebrates the burning excitement of those hot gypsy swing numbers made famous by Django Reinhardt, together with the romanticism of the finest French numbers. With a nod to the American jazz virtuosi who visited Paris, such as Louis Armstrong and Sidney Bechet, the Hot Club features both clarinet and trumpet alongside the timeless two-guitars and double bass lineup. But they are also often true to the original "Hot Quintet De France" Django Reinhardt & Grapelli line up, with the addition of a virtuoso Violin player.
The Hot Club is resident at Ronnie Scotts and performs the best of gypsy swing, hot jazz, French music and timeless melodies from the 1920s, 30's and 40s. They have been in huge demand for major cultural events and concert hall performances including: headline slots at Glastonbury’s Jazz Stage, BBC2, BBC Radio3, Hollywood films, National Television, regular appearances at Ronnie Scotts, the Royal Albert Hall, Madonna's private parties, Royal Family private events and a host of European performances.
Benoit's concerts are infamous for selling out very fast. Please get yourself a ticket while you can!
More info - http://www.benoitandhisorchestra.com
All the music - https://benoitviellefon.bandcamp.com
News & mailing list - https://benoitandhisorchestra.ck.page/profile
Download a free album - https://benoitandhisorchestra.ck.page
About the venue - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_House,_St_Leonards-on-Sea
"You were amazing, the music was brilliant and you are all very talented." - Madonna.
"World Class! It's been a long time since I heard a band that good" - Clarke Peters American Actor, singer, Musical Director
"I love your music, you were absolutely fabulous, you made the evening. - Annie Lennox Eurythmics singer
Benoit Viellefon Hot Club at The Crown House
Come to swing and sweat to the fabulous music of Benoit Viellefon Hot Club. 1920-30-40's favourites tunes to please dancers and listeners alike. http://www.benoitandhisorchestra.com
|19:00 - 21:00||£20.00|
Crown House, Crown house, 57 Marina, St Leonards on sea, TN38 0BE
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight WFL Media Ltd and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.